I am very much a shoulder-season girl (travel talk for spring/fall). I like my weather mild, which is why i love spring and fall. Not too cold and not too hot. There is a wooded patch on the road to one of my work homes, and in the spring/fall I love to watch for the buds to start and the leaves to begin falling. I always try to pay close attention, but inevitably I always miss it. One day there are just buds and the next I look the trees are covered with leaves/flowers or the leaves are all but gone. I wish I had one of those time-delay cameras to catch it as it happens.
I guess what I love most about these seasons is the visible drastic change from one to the other. Even though I think I would love to live somewhere tropical, I imagine I would miss the change in season, and I don't just mean, more or less rain or a 10-15 degree temperature difference. Having said that, I can tolerate winter for about a month, after the holidays it can be Spring and I would be happy as a clam. But that is not how the Lord meant for it to be, so I muddle through and think of sunshine and warmer weather, green grass, and tulips and crocus blooming. And sooner than I can imagine, it will be here. I cannot wait!
Some of these pics are from last year, but I don't have any new to share, plus I love them, and it's my blog, so share I shall.
Lovin' on the Ice Cream
Judd Summer 2009
Wyatt-Halloween 2009
'The best-looking Little Spidey around'Judd- May 2009
No comments:
Post a Comment