Well, the weight-loss surgery process is moving along, albeit at a snails pace. I saw Dr. B., that was interesting and even a little disappointing. He has just changed so much, from when he first moved here and I started going to him, and not necessarily for the better. I have been putting off going to another doctor for a long time now, because I've been less than impressed with his doctoring. But I just refuse to give up on people.
The point of this, is that I expected a much more enthusiastic reaction from him then I got? My weight has been a topic of concern from the very beginning. I can even remember the first time I saw him, forever ago (like a decade plus) lol. I think he was less than impressed and dare I say a little annoyed/put-off that I am not choosing to go to The Center for Weight Loss Surgery at Wood County Hospital. I tried to explain this to my family, since there is so much follow-up after surgery, I feel like having some place close to go will allow me an out. I know this doesn't make sense to anyone but me, but I know how I am, I am constantly trying to justify my bad choices. It makes sense to me and really I am the one who has to live with it, so that is what matters.
Anyhow, so my first appointment with the Dr. B. (for the six-month insurance requirement was April 14, 2010. At this appointment, I got the referral for Nutritional therapy and I saw 'Leah' a Clinical Dietitian and we talked got a history and set my first goals. I will see her once a month for the next 5 months. So.. Here are my first 4 goals:
1. Cut down to 2 cans diet pop a day.
2. Increase H2O intake to at least 6- 8-oz. servings.
3. Chew each bite of food 20 times before swallowing.
4. Walk 3 days a week for 1/2 hour.
So far I am failing miserably on the soda goal, but I guess it's only been 2 days. I'm doing better the past 2 days on the water. Chewing haven't really focused on yet, and the walking has not happened. So that's the latest. I am going to store in a bit, not a lot of money this pay, so it will be interesting and challenging to see what I can buy. I'm gonna have to get creative.
More as it happens!
Hugs,
Jenn
3 comments:
Cute Blog!!! I’m a new follower! Feel free to check out my blog as well! http://heavenlysavings.blogspot.com
Happy Friday Follow! Hope to Blog with you again soon!
those are great goals no matter what your situation. i have a diet coke addiction that is trouble. i also don't drink near enough water. i need to set some mini goals for myself. good luck with yours!
Hi there! Just poppin' in from Friday Follow (still looking for blogs to follow and now I follow you-Hooray!) Hope you had a great weekend and you have a great week! Come visit me :)
Bridgette Groschen
The Groschen Goblins
www.groschengoblins.com
Post a Comment